Do I have a realistic chance of getting a mortgage and finally putting my past behind me ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Craigdt29

Post by Craigdt29 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:54 am
Hi.
My IVA finished in July of last year and since then I've been trying to clear up my credit file. I've kept my bank account in credit and placed some money into savings when possible. I've also paid my phone and credit card bills on time each month (clearing the balance each time). The last of my defaults still showing on equifax, drop past the six year mark next month, so hopefully that should also help.
I also have a mortgage with an ex partner that has been paid on time throughout my IVA and in the next few months, she is going to take over the property herself, freeing me from that mortgage.

So my question is this. Would I qualify for another mortgage in my current position, or am I best waiting until the last of my past is tidied up?
I have a deposit of around £25-30k and I'm looking at properties around the £180,000 mark. I have a decent job and nothing except the above on finance.
Do I have a realistic chance of getting a mortgage for that much at all and finally putting my past behind me?

Thank in advance.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:22 am
Best advice is to contact a broker who has access to different products acriss tglhe mortgage market. The forum has two ecoert brokers who have both support firum members in regaining the mortgage they have wanted whilst in an iva. Look under ask the experts on the left and scroll down for Ryan and/or Shaun.
I can personally recomnend Ryan who has helped us gain two mortgages since our iva ended ..we are now with a high street lender and at a normal interest rate.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:50 am
Hi,
If you have cleaned up all your credit files and off the insolvency regsiter, then there should be an option out there for you. Be happy to look in to it for you if you get in touch
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:21 pm
I would definitely contact Ryan at zebra money- we've been iva clear for over a year & he has just got us a mortgage agreed in principle.
Luluj personally recommended Ryan to us. I am so grateful for that! I think you'll find there are few recommendations from happy customers on this forum!
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.

Craigdt29

Post by Craigdt29 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:15 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Craigdt29

Hi.
My IVA finished in July of last year and since then I've been trying to clear up my credit file. I've kept my bank account in credit and placed some money into savings when possible. I've also paid my phone and credit card bills on time each month (clearing the balance each time). The last of my defaults still showing on equifax, drop past the six year mark next month, so hopefully that should also help.
I also have a mortgage with an ex partner that has been paid on time throughout my IVA and in the next few months, she is going to take over the property herself, freeing me from that mortgage.

So my question is this. Would I qualify for another mortgage in my current position, or am I best waiting until the last of my past is tidied up?
I have a deposit of around £25-30k and I'm looking at properties around the £180,000 mark. I have a decent job and nothing except the above on finance.
Do I have a realistic chance of getting a mortgage for that much at all and finally putting my past behind me?

Thank in advance.

Craigdt29

Post by Craigdt29 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:28 pm
[quote]Originally posted by Craigdt29

Hi.

Thank in advance.

Thank-you for the advice. I've had a look at my credit file on all 3 credit agencies. Although I finished my IVA last year, I didn't start it until Oct 2008, so I've got another month to go before the magic 6 years!!
I've also noticed on equifax and call credit, two descrepencies. One of which should of been finalised in the IVA but is still showing as a default and the other one again goes past the 6 year mark next month. Will they effect my chances of a mortgage if I don't clear them? As I say one should drop off next month and the other shouldn't even be on there.
So near and yet so far!!!

Ryan, is it possible to get in touch with you to go through my credit file and get some advice? I'd like to purchase a house in the New year if everything finally gets sorted!!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:52 pm
Look to the left under ask the experts and Ryan's contact details can be found.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:20 am
Hi Craig
My contact details are in my signature below
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”