Debit Card

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

althas

Post by althas » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:25 am
Hi all

Is there a list of Banks that will accept IVA people and issue a debit card?

I see a lot of people saying this bank, that bank etc, so might be good to have one thread with the info on for easy viewing

Thanks
There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary, those that do and those that don't

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 am
Barclays definitely have an account even if you are an undischarged bankrupt. I have even seen them open an account post IVA where they had been a creditor. It is a cashcard account and needs to be opened within the branch so that is one I know of.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

ilikewatch

Post by ilikewatch » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:44 am
There's also pseudo bank accounts such as Ffrees which issue a debit card and provide many of the facilities you would expect from a bank - these can be free or there may be a monthly charge depending on the type of account you open and how you use it.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:25 pm
I would recommend the Barclay cash card account. I switched to them 3 months ago and have had nothing but great service from them. The on line banking is good and updated very quickly, there is a very good android app for your phone and again this updates in almost real time. Even when I told the branch that I was still current in an IVA, I was not felt to being judged.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

MissBrightside

Post by MissBrightside » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:19 pm
I'm awaiting my IVA proposal but have opened up basic accounts with both Natwest and the Yorkshire bank. Natwest is simple online application, whereas the Yorkshire bank was over the telephone. Both have a debit card and internet banking. I initially tried the Co-op but once I mentioned an iva there was lots of umming and the forms took a very long time to come through do I sought out alternatives
Can we climb this mountain? I know we can make it if we take it slow.

UpToMyNeckInIt

Post by UpToMyNeckInIt » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:57 pm
The good old co-op cashminder seems to be a popular one as well.

Unfortunately there are not that many accounts available with a full debit card, so a 'list' is perhaps a tad optimistic.

Secure Trust bank is another good one.
My opinions are just that: Based on my experience and being a self-employed IVA customer.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:04 pm
Spoke to our Nat West Manager regarding charity business recently and they still have their basic account. The only thing is you are restricted with which ATM's you can use.

I really can't fault our Cashminder account with the Co-op.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:07 am
I changed over to the NatWest when my IVA was being set up and I can honestly say I can't fault them.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”