More questions re documentation needed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

Blueskies

Post by Blueskies » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:13 pm
Hello again

Hope you're all ok. Thanks for being so lovely, helpful and supportive with your replies to my first topic. Really appreciate it.

Back with some more questions now though, sorry!

Progress report first though: have a new bank account, been moving all the direct debits that will stay in place across to new one, just the last couple to sort.

Thought one of the credit card payments would go through but turns out it didn't as even though cancelled after 5.30 on day before it was due, it got debited and then credited straightaway.

Only concern is that I'd assumed it would get taken out and so used it to get some money out to tide me over till I get paid (a sign of how bad things were with my finances that I was using credit for this) and now it's not been taken, will this be a problem or as its within the credit limit still it doesn't count as new credit?

Spoke to NTF and they seem very nice. The pack for me to go through and send everything back has been sent today so will hopefully receive tomorrow.

I'm just trying to prepare everything I'll need to send off document wise. I've heard that this will be 3 months payslips and bank statements, latest mortgage statement and any credit card bills, loan agreements documents I may have.

Is this correct? Anything else I'm overlooking? How many months worth of credit card/store card statements would I need to send if I have them? Or is it just to check the current balance tho I know the definitive balances they use is from the creditors?

Re the Mortgage. I'm in shared equity. I have my mortgage statements readily to hand for last 2 years. I also have the mortgage offer that confirms my share in the property is 75%.

I also have the signed by me and my solicitor, second charge document. Property developer hold the remaining equity (it's like homebuy but the developers version) which I would be due to buy out after 10 years. Hence why I wasn't able to remortgage or gain advance. Will this be enough?

All other documents are stored in the loft at my parents...and it would be difficult for me to get at them. Otherwise I could ask my solicitor for copies but this could take a while.

Am taking Thursday off to try and gather everything together if I can and write the background to my debts so I can send it off to NTF. My manager in work has been very supportive which am very grateful for.

Is there anything I've not thought of that I'll definitely have to send?

Sorry for all the questions...I like to know every bit of information I can. To be forewarned etc.,

Thank you.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:25 pm
I only had to supply the latest statement from creditors -- they will use the balance from those to calculate the anticipated dividend and fine tune it when the formal claims are submitted by the creditors themselves.

Apart from everything else you have mentioned you will probably need to send a copy of your passport for an identity check. My paperwork was collected by a courier who checked that at the house, so they didn't need a copy.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Blueskies

Post by Blueskies » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:38 pm
Thank you Foggy for such a quick response. Of course, completely forgot re passport. Thanks.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:00 pm
Great news on the bank account front and sorting the direct debits out .... Thats a huge hurdle got over !

Each company can be different in what they ask for so I would hang fire in getting too far ahead ... Although i would gather copies of recent utility bills and council tax etc as am sure you will need it to demonstrate some of your current outgoings etc.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you have .... We. Are here to help where we can !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Blueskies

Post by Blueskies » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:07 pm
Thank you Lulu. I'm just so anxious to get moving on all this. I should probably hold my horses a bit but that's against my nature.

Hopefully the pack will arrive by tomorrow then I'll know what to do. My brain is working overtime hence all the questions but thanks to you all for being there.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:06 pm
It's normal to feel like this. I remember it well!

But you have taken the biggest step in recognising your problem and it will get better!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:24 am
You appear to be very thorough in your approach and that is something that can only be good when collating the requirements. All the best and do keep in touch with the forum.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:06 am
Check the second charge documents thoroughly to make sure the IVA does not cause a problem. We have had similar cases in the past where an insolvency can lead to to the developer calling in their security and we had to get their agreement before we could proceed.

Hopefully that is not in your documents but make sure your IP checks them.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Blueskies

Post by Blueskies » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:43 pm
Thanks Michael.

You and Jenny have been really helpful looking into the information I sent across today. Hopefully not a deal breaker. If you need any more info or have any news..do let me know. Thanks

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:50 pm
It is a tricky one that I have come across before. Putting an IVA out without checking the paperwork could have had serious repercussions so I am glad you had it there.

We hope to get some sort of answer within a couple of days but worth waiting for rather than taking an unnecessary risk. Hopefully it should be fine but ultimately your home is the most important thing to protect.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Blueskies

Post by Blueskies » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:31 pm
Thanks again Michael. Can only hope.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”