PPI - does it mean IVA terms ongoing?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Bob and Gill

Post by Bob and Gill » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:54 pm
Hi all

Almost finished our IVA thanks to a full and final offer but the old PPI thing has come up. Don't recall ever having any but as with most people it needs to be looked into.

How long does it normally take and whilst the PPI investigation is ongoing am I still bound by the IVA terms(i.e. paying over any additional earnings etc) even after my last regular monthly payment is made?
Last edited by Bob and Gill on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:21 pm
I would assume that a full and final acceptance should mean no more money. We had no ppi but it still took 18 months to get it in writing!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:37 am
Most IPs release you from the usual obligations between final payment and completion. Income fluctuations are no longer of interest, but, under the terms of the arrangement you are still liable for windfalls and such like. As I say, most IP's will allow these to remain yours, some do not and will expect them to be paid in.

It would be good if a full and final resulted in the outcome we, as debtors, intended, i.e Full and FINAL. But this never appears to be the case.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

mole

Post by mole » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:45 am
My PPI claim has now been ongoing for 21 months, no evidence of any existing yet nor any sign of the investigation being complete.[V]

Bob and Gill

Post by Bob and Gill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:13 am
Thanks, frustrating I suspect. I could do my own investigation via a PPI claims company and be done in a matter of weeks!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:42 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Bob and Gill

Thanks, frustrating I suspect. I could do my own investigation via a PPI claims company and be done in a matter of weeks!
You could indeed! However, you could fall into the trap that the creditors might simply offset the refund against the debt ( as some do ) in which case, you / the IVA will get nothing and you will be saddled with the obligation to pay the commission fee to the claims company out of your own pocket.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”