IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Tsitsichind98

Post by Tsitsichind98 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:36 am
Hi guys I'm in my 4th yr with my IVA and they have written to ask me to remortgage my house as per the agreement signed etc I didn't sign up for that my understanding was that after 5 yrs of paying a fixed sum my debt problem will be over now asking me to remortgage is to get into another debt and I don't even think I can be able to remortgage as I have a secured loan of 70k on the house I'm really stressed out now can you offer any advice what do I do?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:12 am
Hi. The first thing you should do is sit down and read your paperwork to see exactly what you agreed to when you signed. It will set out the options available to you under your own arrangement. No0one is able to remortgage these days, and the most often outcome is a 12 month extension.

You will need to get a valuation and current redemption figures to see if there is equity in any event.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:57 am
The answer will lie in your proposal as Foggy says. Have a read and if still unsure have a word with your IP.

Welcome to the forum by the way
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”