F&F / PPI REVIEW...

3 posts Page 1 of 1

piknik

Post by piknik » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:11 am
Hi Everyone,
I'm hoping someone could help!
Im currently splitting up with my husband, we have a joint IVA and have put forward a F&F offer funded by a family member..

We have received a letter asking if we will give permission to perform a PPI review?

We were never miss sold PPI or have any wish to pursue with any immoral claims to say we were... not that the IP suggested we should!

We just want this over and done with as quickly as possible so we can move on with our lives..
So.. could any tell me what a PPI review entails incase we are forced to sign this right
do we write to creditors?
is it only creditors in the IVA that will be contacted?
do they perform a credit check on us to see who we borrowed of in the past???

it just seems like a waste of time as i know we were never miss sold PPI!

thanks in advance
a very stressed NIKKI X

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:31 am
Hi Nikki. They will check all loans, in and out of the IVA, as far back as they are able to go. You will need to sign claims if they find any that might have been miss-sold.

If you refuse they can fail the IVA for non-compliance.

You do not have to make fraudulent claims -- if they find any PPI and you are adamant it was not miss-sold say so. Just because you knew about it and maybe even asked for it, does not mean it wasn't miss-sold (for instance -- if your employer grants sick leave on full pay for up to 6 months PPI is not needed and was miss-sold!).

I was one who was sure that I had no PPI to claim --- they found £8000 plus !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:44 pm
Unfortunately it can take some time too !
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”