IP will not give certificate until all PPI claimed. Could take a year. IVA finished December 2013

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Tony.23

Post by Tony.23 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:03 am
I am in trouble and have queries. I made full and final settlement on December 2013, not received completion certificate yet due to ppi. I need to move house. NRAM refused to give consent to let my property until I produce certificate of satisfaction. IP will not give certificate until all ppi claimed. 2 claims are on financial ombudsman so could take a year. House restriction has been lifted by ip. Now can I sell house, if I sell house do i have to share money with ip.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:47 am
Until such time as you have that final certificate you are bound by the terms of the IVA. If you sell now they creditors may well want to get their hands on the equity. In cases where formal completion is held up due to PPI claims some IP's use a bit of discretion .... however, some don't.

Only your own IP can say which way they will jump --- and, if they agree to exclude the property ( i.e allow you to sell and keep the money) DO get it in writing!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:37 am
Hi

It should not take nearly a year to sort out the PPI and the completion certificate

Press your IP, see if NRAM will accept a letter from your IP stating that the IVA is concluded but they are awaiting PPI refunds

Regards
Andam Davies

Bob and Gill

Post by Bob and Gill » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:14 pm
This has probably been asked hundreds of times but when did this PPI clause creep in and why are people who started IVA's before this now having to suffer this delay? If it's not in your original proposal can you not just refuse and leave the PPi element out of things?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:38 pm
PPI hasn't crept in as such -- it has always been in IVA's as an asset ... it's just a new asset :-)

You can refuse and the IVA will likely be failed :-(
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”