ID signatory

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Blueskies

Post by Blueskies » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:54 pm
Hello

Received all the information from the IP and it's all fine and I can send it back tomorrow morning with all copies of bills etc., statements and everything else.

The only issue is my ID, being my passport. I don't know any Teachers etc., in Liverpool. I know my doctor but can't get an appointment for over a week.

The only possibility I have is either my financial advisor but not sure if she meets the criteria or someone in our HR department who may be qualified with the chartered institute of personnnel and development or a payroll officer but really didn't want them to know as I am friends with some from that department.

I do work for a council so not sure if that qualifies as a Government Department.

The other alternative is to send my passport by registered post or special delivery which I'm willing to do as not planning on travelling anywhere soon.

Any thoughts please?

Thank you
Last edited by Blueskies on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sosilly

Post by sosilly » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:58 pm
Hi, I work in HR and I was able to get my boss to id my passport for me so I am sure that will be fine

sosilly

Post by sosilly » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:59 pm
I didn't have to tell my boss what it was for, I just said it was because I was changing banks (which I was) and they needed some ID. x

Blueskies

Post by Blueskies » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:15 pm
Thank you. Will see what I can do, wont be easy as i dont work in that department anymore but will try. I know in the past it was ok as long as it was someone who was a member of a professional body whichever one it was.

One additional question, are copies of statements ok to be sent or should I send originals?

Thanks again sosilly and everyone else x

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:38 pm
Do you have a Commissioner for Oaths nearby ? They will certify that it is you for a few quid.

When I did mine the courier certified it --- it's not a passport application !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Blueskies

Post by Blueskies » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:42 pm
Hmmm. I don't know re a commissioner for oaths. Will do a google search. Thank you, as hadn't thought of that at all.

It's a free post envelope I've got to return everything but think will still send by registered as bit safer that way. Thanks foggy, you're all always so quick and helpful.

sosilly

Post by sosilly » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:44 pm
No problem blueskies - I printed my statements off online and these were fine x

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:38 am
Print outs,scans, faxes etc are fineas original documents are not needed. The I.D. is not necessary for the IVA to proceed and can be provided at any time.

As Sosilly says tell whoever certifies it that it for Sky or the bank and no one will pass any remark.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Blueskies

Post by Blueskies » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:04 pm
Thanks Michael. Much appreciated. Have spoken to IFA and we'll meet up next week to sort out.

Thank you.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”