Hi. I am at my wits end. I am in year 9 and still technically in an IVA. Please help me

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

noendinsight

Post by noendinsight » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:29 pm
Hi. I am at my wits end and wondered if someone could please offer me some advice. I entered an IVA on 07/08/2006. Unfortunately my IVA company went into liquidation and we were re assigned to Cleardebt/Synergie. Even though the terms of our original agreement stated that if we couldnt remortgage at the end of five years they had the option to extend for 12 further months, they insisted on a variation to extend for 24 months. We had to comply with this as I was threatened that if we didn't they would fail my IVA, which was unthinkable to me after five years of never missing a payment and increased payments in line with pay uplifts. In June 2011, i was made aware that Synergie were going to claim PPI on my behalf. I sent all of the paperwork back immediately giving consent for this. They sat on this paperwork until January 2012 and then sent a rep from DRSP to my home with rafts of paperwork for me to sign. To cuta long story short this matter has now dragged on for two and a half years, with little or no communication unless I chase them. They have been telling me for over a year that they have had three offers, but two companies have decided to offset the PPI to cover my initial debt, my cas is in dispute. I constantly asak waht is happening and just told that they are trying to get the issue of off setting resolved, but they wont tell em whet they are doing to get a resloution. I am deeply depressed, I am now in year nine of this nightmare. I know that thsi started because I got into financial difficulties, but I signed up to a five(possibly six) year IVA.I need to get on with my life. I have been unable to carry out any repairs to my home which is suffering subsidence as I cant remortgage even though I have nearly £100,00 equity as I am still technically in an IVA. Please someone help me. I am on anti depressants and on sick leave from my job.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:19 pm
Try and contact David Mond who is the I.P. for Cleardebt and a regular poster on this forum. Hopefully he can help with closure but I do kn ow there have been problems but David will do his best.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:41 pm
Wow..what can I say...sorry to hear this..your 12 months extension of the Iva set in stone in 2006 becomes 24 months? (Before those new protocols set in?)Can they do that? T.C can't be 're-negotiated just because you have a new iva firm?

PPI offsetting,typical brinkmanship used by banks even by the Halifax to stall...but your iva firm and as been said here many times,can sort that out in the background whilst the iva is closed.Many here has benefited from this slick move.So no excuse for your firm to prolong this....come on.

This mess isn't right,you signed up for 6 years played by the rules and now nearly ten years still living It.

This is worse customer care I have heard here.But it can only get better as many now have heard your SOS call.

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:42 pm
It is so disheartening to read these endless posts of poor people being stuck in this rut at what should be the end of the IVA. Somebody needs to really sort out this industry as people are being taken for a ride.

You should only pay what you agree in your IVA proposal and it should end after the last payment or originally agreed extension. There is no justification for this in my mind, perhaps this is the next industry to get a real shake up and some tighter regulation, not before time I reckon.
IVA Accepted - Sep 2009
F&F Accepted - Oct 2014
CC Received - Jul 2015

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:49 pm
OMG I can't believe you have been in this situation for so long. I'll bump this up for you in the hope that someone who can help will come along.
Life after IVA is wonderful.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”