IVA confusion

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Sb30

Post by Sb30 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:50 pm
Hi all. I am new to posting but have been following since my IVA started 2009.

I had not heard from cleardebt in a few months so rang them last week for an update after attempting to release equity and failing. I was told that I would have to go into a extra 12 months which I accepted.

I got a phone call the next day from Cleardebt instructing me that they had got it wrong and infact my agreement did not have this clause in it. So now I've officially ended it but... no cert of completion can be issued until all my PPI claims dealt with by DRSP are done.

I spoke with them today and they are dealing with just 2 more companies I borrowed from. One wants a cooy of my marriage cert which ive sent and one has not got back to DRSP.

I feel upset as even though I am not paying Cleardebt now as I am 2 months in credit and have kept in contract and did everything without the cert of completion I am still in the IVA! I have been advised they " can ask " Mr Mond to lift restrictions on my house when I want to sell but there is no guarantee it will be passed.

Surely if I have kept to my part of the agreement and its noticed that I should have finished why should I have to be bound by the IVA when its tech finished??

I'm worried now as ive done everything that was agreed and now im still stuck in an IVA and this was not what I agreed to.
I became insane with long horrible intervals of sanity

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:13 pm
Sorry to say that you are still bound by the IVA until you get that certificate -- this is standard for everyone. Most can expect to wait 3 to 6 months ( which is pretty much standard ), some have to hang on much longer.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:25 pm
If you want to sell it should be possible for the restriction to be removed and I am sure David will do all he can to help. Hopefully it is sorted out quickly for you but I agree with Foggy that a couple of months is pretty standard and many have to wait for years.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Sb30

Post by Sb30 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:51 pm
Thank you for your replies it seems many are in my situation. I hope that the PPI claims can be sorted quickly. I guess it was such a relief to hear that I had finished that then to hear this was a blow.

I just want to start being able to rebuild my credit rating and look at emigrating to the USA next year so hopefully it will be done and dusted soon.

I see some here have been waiting years and I hope that wont be me. Overall I cannot complain as being in an IVA saved me from going bankrupt and losing my home etc. It helped relieve alot of stress and I knew what my outgoings were.

I have also learnt to be better with money and the other upside is that I don't have to pay into the arrangement now. I have also been advised that they can issue me a letter to advise others that it is tech closed and is only open due to awaiting PPI claims. Is this correct?

Also do you know if Clear debt would accept a signed deed of assignment stating all PPI monies would be going to them if they were willing to send my CC.
Last edited by Sb30 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I became insane with long horrible intervals of sanity

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:48 pm
Cleardebt were pioneers in getting Deeds of Assigment into the marketplace for PPI to speed up completion. However, for their own reasons, they discontinued their use.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”