Is statuary interest included as part of realisations ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

clivemrthn

Post by clivemrthn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:10 pm
A question about Statutory Interest.
It looks likely that we will being paying 100p in the pound and will have to contribute statutory interest.

My question is whether this is included as part of the realisations? If it is will the IVA company take their percentage in fees.

Personally if they do I think that that is unfair.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:45 pm
It really depends on the modifications and what has been written into the proposal. The statutory interest is a realisation and often creditors say that the IP must take 15% of realisations so it would be included in their fee.

Ultimately it should cost you nothing as if the IPs fee will come out of the statutory interest and reduce the amount payable to the creditors.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:52 pm
Many IP's have proposed variations to the creditors to get the statutory interest requirement removed as it does seem a trifle unfair to be further penalised for actually paying more back! Always worth asking.

Check your paperwork, though, in mine it was excluded from the start.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”