IVA failure

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Hginger24

Post by Hginger24 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:59 am
Hi
A full and final offer from my IVA was accepted by my creditors in dec 2013, I have yet to receive my completion certificate from DFD even though I have chased numerous times. I was told that my certificate would be issued even though PPI are still outstanding. My question is can a IVA still fail even though a full and final offer has been accepted by the creditors.
Thanks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:06 am
If the F&F was accepted and any monies paid over, then, unless some significant problem arises like unpaid inheritance, undisclosed income, or some such, it is just an administrative waiting game.

A full and final, though, isn't as "final" as you might think and you are still bound by the IVA ... so any lottery win or the like should be paid over.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Hginger24

Post by Hginger24 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:17 am
Thanks foggy,
So basically I can't move on with my life until DFD decide it suits them to issue my completion certificate and the creditors have accepted money owed to them as a final offer on the debt.
It ridiculous that there is no regulation that these things should be issued within a certain timeframe. They don't respond to emails or phone calls and when I do get through I just get told its being dealt with. I just want to move forward after the last 5. 5 years.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:23 am
Hi

I agree with your thoughts, it is appalling that people can't move on once they have completed their obligations.
There really should be a time frame set by the Insolvency Service

Regards
Andam Davies

Jennifer.g

Post by Jennifer.g » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:28 am
Hi sorry to jump in here but I am trying to post a question but cant get past the image tx box:-/

Hi
Im about 18 months in to a 5 year iva , my original debt was £17200, I pay £150 per month. After a few PPI payouts I currently owe my iva £7500, I am struggling to keep up repayments and have been asked by my iva if I could ask family to help offer my creditors a one off payment. Taking into account if I finished my 5years I would be paying off £9000 and the rest would potentially be written off, now that I only owe £7500, what do u think would be a good offer?
Thank you kindly

Sb30

Post by Sb30 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:59 am
I didn't think that the IVA company could ask you things like that?

Cleardebt reduced my payments in yr two due to a wage cut as long as it was realistic!

As long as I was paying and showing them all my money matters they were fine.

I find this slightly unnerving?
I became insane with long horrible intervals of sanity

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:13 am
Jennifer. Over the next 42 months the creditors will be looking at recovering a further £6300 assuming there is no equity to play with.

With no mitigating circumstances they will want as near that as possible --- I would make an offer of £5k with the possibility of having to increase to £6k if they refuse.

Unfortunately, at £150 per month, you are really at the lower end of a viable payment and, although your IP might have the discretion to reduce, any such reduction would make the IVA unviable.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

chrissy12345

Post by chrissy12345 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:37 pm
This is appalling. Looking at the insolvency services latest report on complaints Andy it looks like they are at last starting to take this issue seriously. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ugust-2014
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”