PPI review...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

piknik

Post by piknik » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:30 am
Hi just a quick question I've been asked by my iva company to agree to have a ppi review before done a f&f offer can be made instead of signing the right away for anyone to have my details could I instruct my own ppi claims company to perform this so I know who I'm dealing with or will my ip only allow a third part company they choose?
I've no interest in claiming as I know we were never miss sold either..it's just a pain as we want things moving and get the f&f offer in.... Also could I just decline legally to agree to a review?
I'm just not keen on having credit checks or my information passed about esp when I don't wish to claim.

Thank you x
Last edited by piknik on Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:43 am
Hi. looking at this from several angles: I do not believe there is any basis in law for your IP to insist upon a specific ( i.e their chosen) company. However, the IP is free to discount a third party company's efforts and request his / her own check. You are obliged to agree to any "reasonable request" by the IP --- would this be construed as "reasonable" ? I have no idea !

Using your own company has pitfalls: If your creditor decides to offset, say, a refund of £3000 against their debt ( which some are doing), you get nothing, the creditor gets £3000 and the claims company will turn to you for the , say, 25% commission --- end result you are £750 up the swanny !

Some IP's do use competent companies and there are benefits with communication and clarity ... however, some firms, it appears, use rejects from the local zoo's monkey enclosure.

Finally: Some firms allow the case to proceed to closure whilst PPI investigations are ongoing, which they will do whilst they are in control of the investigation. I cannot see them doing so with an outside company involved.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”