Having seen the light at end of tunnel last year it seems the tunnel has collapsed in front of us

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

George.g

Post by George.g » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:19 pm
I'm a year into IVA and for the last year i feel that things have been getting back on course financially. I have been informed today that working tax credits overpaid by £5500 and a student loan of £1300 has been passed for debt collection. I also run my own business as a director and a director loan wasn't paid back and now is being hit by the 25% tax. (Another £6000 on top of CT). My spouse didn't enter IVA with me to try to keep one of us with credit history for the future. She has some debts but is also director. Could she enter IVA to help clear £6000 and money that wouldn't go out to her debtors would go in some way towards tax credits? Having seen the light at end of tunnel last year it seems the tunnel has collapsed in front of me/us

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:50 pm
George - I'm sorry to hear all this. Tax Credits drive me mad as they take so long to work things out.

Are you sure it is correct? Ask them for a full calculation of the overpayment.

I think you need to discuss all this with your IP to decide the best way forward for you and your family.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:52 am
So sorry to hear, really hope it all gets sorted for you sooner rather than later.
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”