I have a fixed rate mortgage with NAT WEST which ends soon. They are unaware of my IVA.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Cynthia.m

Post by Cynthia.m » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:44 pm
I have a fixed rate mortgage with NAT WEST and since have had an IVA which they are unaware of. My fixed rate mortgage ends soon. Would they just carry on my mortgage at the current interest rate or would I have to apply for a new mortgage deal with them and have to tell them about my IVA and could they refuse to offer me anything. I have never defaulted a payment.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:54 pm
Some lenders are happy to renegotiate rates with those in an IVA. They will already be aware as your IP will have informed them. They would also be able to see the restriction which should have been placed on the deeds.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

bridgey

Post by bridgey » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:20 pm
As Foggy said, they WILL know about the IVA, as you would have signed a a form allowing a restriction over the property.

Some lenders are a-ok in renegotiating rates, some arent.

Do NatWest have a live chat facility? Try giving them a call and asking the question - but dont give your acct details over.
Half the lies you tell aint true

sonj77

Post by sonj77 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:22 pm
I would imagine you will go onto their variable rate when your fixed term ends but could be wrong.

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:10 pm
I have just been in a very similar situation but with santander. I completed my IVA about the same time as my fixed rate mortgage ended and they automatically put me on to the varialble rate. It actually ended up that i at the moment i pay slightly less each month. They did say that if i wanted a new mortgage deal that they would do a full credit check and i likely would not be accepted due to still having the IVA on file but with the straight forward switch there were no additional checks.
IVA started Jan 2012
Last payment made June 2014 @100p
Completion certificate received Sept 2014

SUC

Post by SUC » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:02 pm
Interested to see how you get on, as my deal expires Feb 2015. I assume at worst case you will just go on the SVR, and NATWEST relatively quickly downgraded my bank account to the basic account once entering my IVA The only think I missed was the contactless debit card
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”