After 5 years of yearly reviews with no increases now told payments incomplete

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Tony.g

Post by Tony.g » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:01 pm
After 5 year's of payments and yearly reviews without a change to monthly payments be increased to 6 year's? Every year a review of income and expenditure has been done only now I'm being told they were "incomplete" of payments have been missed, I do not own my home, I am self employed with a increase in wage over the term of the last 5 year's and I thought that's why the ip did yearly reviews and this is what the ip is paid for.

bridgey

Post by bridgey » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:18 am
That doesnt sound right on the face of it on what has been described. If the IP has said each year, all is fine - no increases, there's no reason to have an extension.

Give them a call and talk it through fully. Do you still have the End of Year statements?
Half the lies you tell aint true

UpToMyNeckInIt

Post by UpToMyNeckInIt » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:28 am
Might be something to do with your IP reviewing your case whilst referring to out of date accounts.

My reviews are conducted according to my most up to date accounts, which are some 8months behind.

So if you have had a recent increase in income, or a much improved trading year, there will be a lag before it shows up in your review.

At the end of the iva it is quite normal for IPs to do a final review, and arguably quite reasonable to want additional payments. (If they discover additional income that may not have manifested itself in previous reviews, but which you benefited from during the iva term).
Last edited by UpToMyNeckInIt on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions are just that: Based on my experience and being a self-employed IVA customer.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:50 am
Hi

Have they advised what period of time the underpayment relates to ?

Regards
Andam Davies
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”