Are letters from lenders, saying no PPI to be claimed, enough to cover me ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Anthony.01

Post by Anthony.01 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:03 pm
Hi all,

I done a full and final IVA with GT in March. I received my certificate via email yesterday (7th October) - the original is to be posted out.

I received a letter last week from a Scottish company acting on GT's behalf to reclaim mis-sold PPI.

I was never made aware of this originally, now I don't believe I am entitled to any, it doesn't really worry me but the associated timescale does.

I had read this credit company take over a year to process but GT advised me I do not have to use them but I just have to prove no potential PPI claims exist.

I have contacted all relevant lenders who have confirmed over the telephone that I do not qualify for PPI reclaim. They are all sending letters out to this effect in the next 2 weeks.

Is this enough to cover me? I would have assumed so?

Also until I clear up the PPI piece is my certificate invalid or does it cover me from the issue date?

Apologies if this/these questions have been asked before

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:38 pm
Once you have the certificate the IVA is closed and GT can deal with PPI separately under the continuing trust. But, I would not breathe a sigh of relief until I have the hard copy in my hand.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Til

Post by Til » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:44 pm
We had many letters from creditors simply stating "no ppi exists" and our IP (DFD) accepted that.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Anthony.01

Post by Anthony.01 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:05 pm
Thanks for the replies folks

What's the next step for me now then? Can I get my name removed immediately from the IVA register?

Also if I received a 'windfall' of any description (unlikely though! but maybe a small bonus at work) do I have to declare it even if PPI not covered off?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:08 pm
Your name will come off the Insolvency Register within three months -- GT will send them a copy of the certificate. The IVA will remain on the credit reference agencies files for 6 years from the start date. Have a look here:

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp

Once you have that certificate windfalls etc are all yours and your IP has no further interest in your affairs (PPI apart).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Anthony.01

Post by Anthony.01 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:13 am
Thats a great link Foggy - thanks for that
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”