Due to a rogue practitioner I was transferred to GT, made a F&F. Can I make a PPI claim ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

gazzio

Post by gazzio » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:53 am
Hi all

Wondered if you could help? Long story, but I had an IVA but it turned out my IP was a rogue practitioner who re-directed funds to himself. The IVA was transferred to Grant Thornton (who have been absolutely useless!) and in an effort to get it finally sorted I paid a full and final of £5k. I was then told that despite that I couldnt be given a certificate of completion because they are still claiming against the rogue IP's bond - a situation that might be ongoing for years. I've contacted Ombudsman etc, but they are within their rights so there's nothing I can do. However, my question is this: Can I still make a PPI claim? And if it was successful would they be entitled to anything at all? (I don't want them to get another penny of my money, as I really cant express strongly enough how dreadful their service has been) Any recommendations of companies who have dealt with PPI claims for people who've settled IVAs would also be appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:14 pm
As things stand at the moment any PPI is payable into the IVA. I imagine GT will want to make their own investigations in this regard.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

gazzio

Post by gazzio » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:17 pm
Even if the IVA is technically settled after acceptance of full and final?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:59 pm
You need to check this with GT and if in doubt you could seek independent legal advice. While PPI is an asset of the arrangement it could be argued that a full and final is just that but I am not a lawyer.

When we propose full and final we state that we retain the rights to pursue any financial irregularities in addition to what is on offer so it avoids this problem. GT may work the same way so worth speaking to them.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:05 pm
GT use wording which does not actually end the responsibilities under the IVA, but places a moratorium on ongoing payments only, pending formal completion.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:11 pm
Thanks Foggy. Sounds a similar idea to ours and means the same thing.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

gazzio

Post by gazzio » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:46 pm
Thanks everyone
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”