Apparently I have not received my CC because of 'backlog'. Can they now ask for more ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Sylvia.49

Post by Sylvia.49 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:01 pm
Hi I made my last payment in May 2014. My PP1 is fully sorted., and I have proved I cannot raise any money of my house. The iva I was told was completed and I would be receiving my completion cert but would have to wait because of a backlog. I have now received a letter from DFD asking for a breakdown of present income six months after finishing my iva. When I queried this they said it was because they have to have a current income budget whilst the iva is still open. Can you explain is this right or are they going to ask me for more??

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:10 pm
Technically the IVA is still pen, so they are bound to carry out reviews if the anniversary passes. This happened to me and the IP submitted a report to the creditors saying he didn't propose to carry out a full review in the circumstances as the figures would be much the same as the last review --- the creditors seemed happy with that.

They shouldn't ask for more.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:29 pm
This is very worrying. I have been told ot can take up to 6 months to close our IVA due to admin work etc... but have been told there is no requirement for payments off us during this time however from this post it suggests that IPs may want something afterall?, I mean why else would they need this info?. If you have not been making payments then of course it will show more disposable income over the 6 month period......very concerning.
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:44 pm
Nothing to be concerned about Christabelle. They only carry out this review because they are bound to conduct annual reviews while the IVA is open. As you are not required to make payments there is nothing they can increase! They will still be looking for lottery wins and inheritances though.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:59 pm
Thats fair enough then Foggy,thanks for putting my mind at rest. I panicked there for a bit.
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”