Full and final offers

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

JulieJ

Post by JulieJ » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:52 pm
Hello everyone. Sorry don't post often but this forum has been a liefline throughout my IVA. Just needing some reassurance and advice on what is likely to happen over the course of the next few months. Have just gone through equity review and although there was equity in the property we were unable to remortgage. Havn't got round to officially being told we need to extend for 12 months, but assuming that this will be the case as stated in my agreement. However, due to a massive change in family circumstances I find myself in the position of may be having to give up work which means I will be unable to meet the payments due in to my arrangement. A friend has offered to gift me £3,500 as a full and final offer. I currently pay £241.00 per month and have 16 months left to pay. How ikely are creditors to accept this? Am really anxious about this in addition to the upheaval in my personal life. All comments would be welcome.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:17 am
In the circumstances this would seem, to me, to be a fair offer. However, creditors are strange creatures and I have seen them accept far less as well as refusing more ! But with the real prospect of losing your income I would say a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush .... and all that !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

JulieJ

Post by JulieJ » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:38 am
Thanks Foggy Always feel you give good advice and know you have been through the full and final business. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Have provided all the paperwork and supporting evidence to proceed with this and hope it is successful, but they say it can take up to 3 months to sort.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:28 am
This seems a fair offer to me also and any back up to show creditors the change in circumstances would certainly help. Hopefully it is accepted.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”