Looking for a mortgage in principal so I have some idea of what I would be able to obtain.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

scoobysn7x

Post by scoobysn7x » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:51 pm
Hi there I made the last payment on my IVA in March 2012, I've checked my credit files and they seem clear. I am looking to get my first mortgage, I have a 10-15% deposit, I just looked on my back website (Santander) and one of the criteria is that you haven't been subject to an IVA, is there a list of lenders that can be used for a mortgage when you have been the subject of an IVA, or is there a broker anyone can recommnend that may be able to find me a mortgage, ideally I just want one agreed in principal so I can have an idea of what I would be able to obtain.

Thanks

Duncan

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:10 pm
Your best bet would be to chat to a whole of market broker who has experience of IVA clients.

We have two who regularly post here, both of whom have placed many mortgages for forum members.

Click on the "Ask a Question" tab ( top left) and scroll down to the experts details section - you are looking for Ryan and / or Shaun.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:29 pm
Both Ryan and Shaun have helped many posters with advice and securing mortgages for them. All the best and hope they can help you too.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:38 pm
Hi,
You are right, Santander will not offer a mortgage to anyone who has ever been in an IVA.
We have helped many posters on this forum obtain a mortgage after their IVA's.
I would be happy to look in to this in more detail for you if you get in contact
Thanks
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:10 pm
Seems short sighted of santander to never offer a mortgage to anyone post iva.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”