DFD calling relentlessly about sending a representative to our home to complete annual review.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Esther.w

Post by Esther.w » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:07 am
Hi , our iva is with debt free direct , we owe three months money approximately for late or short payments, our Iva ends after 6 years on Feb 1st and debt free direct have sent us letters and are calling us relentlessly to tell us theynare sending a representative to our home , despite refusing , so they can complete an annual review. We only have three months payments left and will be paying the outstandingg amount as our final payment, our parents will,be lending us the money, are they allowed to do this or is it a final cash grab for their own gain. I see no sense in them invading our business when so close to the end , they keep ringing and ringing and telling us they sending someone to our home , when is it ever going to end , my parents offered to clear our iva for us last year, when wemapproachedvdfd they said they needed to review our financial situation on top of full and final payment so they could see if they could get any more money for our creditors so,fed up now its been a really long haul can they keep trying to drag this out . Can we take advice from someone on how to make them listen to us , we have been paying £830 a month for years , my parents offered to pay it off because we were struggling not because we wanted them to pay ten thousand pounds and we keep paying over and above agreed sums, can they now move the goal posts, we don't want another review or another cash grab is it lawful that they even trying

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:19 am
You need to complete and annual review otherwise you are inj breach. DFD cannot go to creditors with any offers if the reviews have not been carried out. It may even be that the review will show you cannot afford the payments which would help towards closure but if the review is not done the IVA could even be failed.

Try and speak with someone in DFD and do the review over the phone.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:40 pm
Hi Esther.w
Please drop me an email (address is in my profile), with all your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss your issue further.
Look forward to speaking to you soon.
Regards
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:14 pm
Well you get a visit from DFD and that 'prevelige' they don't bestow on anyone.
What have you got against a personal touch in your review? It is lot better than talking on the phone on email.
No misunderstandings.

You should work with your Ip representatives,with a mandate from your creditors, and No there is no one else to intervene as you are at their becking call.
Just co operate.
Last edited by TzeKin on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mole

Post by mole » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:49 pm
I have a feeling the visit will have nothing to do with an annual review, more likely looking to offer a loan in lieu of equity

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:46 am
Contact Evette direct as she as requested and hopefully she can resolve some of the concerns.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”