I now live in Australia and thought my IVA with GT was finished.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Johnd7769

Post by Johnd7769 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:26 am
hi i would like to ask experts i had an iva which i started in april of 2006.I paid in to this over a period of 6 years.I had to do 6 years because i missed a couple of months.I moved to australia in the 3rd year of the iva but still made payments i am still in Australia having become a citizen.I dont intend on moving back to the UK as i have been here for 6 years and am quite happy. I had an email from the iva company yesterday Grant thorton asking me to pay them 1400 pounds is this correct? i dont have 1400 to spare and thought my iva was finished.I also did not start my iva with grant thornton but with another company Blair endersby any help would be much appreciated im not sure what to do?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:59 am
Hi. I would imagine that GT are still unravelling the BE portfolio. We have seen numerous instances where GT have gone after BE omissions, which they are entitled to do. However, the way they do it is questionable !

I would ask them for a detailed breakdown explaining where they have plucked this sum from.

Have you had your certificate of completion ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:17 am
If your IVA has ceased there is little that GT can do unless the completion certificate has not been issued. However if the IVA completed in 2012 this does seem a long time later to come after any money.

My guess is that your earnings while in Oz have exceeded what was on the proposal but the cost of living there is also higher so there should have been an allowance for this too. Contact GT and tell them that you want the IVA closed down if it has not been already as it would be 8-9 years since you started. Explain what has happened and if GT are having problems with old B&E cases it should not impact on you.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”