After a particularly harrowing time could, should, Freeman Jones ask creditors to write off debt ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Bethany.10

Post by Bethany.10 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:11 am
I've just gone into the sixth year of my IVA. I felt, having had my review and a letter stating what my payments would be for the final 11 months, that I was on the final lap. Then Freeman Jones started ringing me, sent another letter with a different sum and demanding documentation that they have already had. The manner in which Freeman Jones staff conduct the business is appalling. Most of the money has gone to them and not my creditors. During a particularly harrowing time following the death of my mother, in a car accident, I quite naturally started to incur huge additional expenses. When my payments were reduced when I moved to the north of the country to help care for my father, following the accident in which my mother was fatally injured, I apparently agreed and signed to say that all the additional monies that were being deferred would be rolled into a further year, making my IVA six rather than five years. This entire period is causing so much stress it is adding to my health problems. Is it not time Freeman Jones went to my creditors for a decision now to write off this debt. After five years of faithfully complying with this IVA I would expect Freeman Jones to behave ethically if not sensitively.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:07 am
It may be worth cotacting Sarah or Steve from FJ who both post here. They have helped many FJ clients in the past and their details are in the ask an expert section. Hopefully they can resolve this for you.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:06 pm
Dear Bethany.10

I am so sorry to read about what has happened during what must be an extremely difficult time for you. Please accept my apologies for the worry and stress this has caused.

I'd like to look into this for you and see what we can do to help.

If you can email me with your reference so we can get in touch to discuss this further, my email address is Sarah.Jolly@FreemanJones.co.uk.

Thank you
Sarah Jolly IMA CMAP - A member of the IVA team at Freeman Jones

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:23 pm
Bethany.10 do contact Sarah as soon as possible as she is very good at helping solve problems.
Life after IVA is wonderful.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”