Permission from GT to put my house up for sale?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

bombshell

Post by bombshell » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:49 pm
8 months away from completing my IVA and I want to get rid of my house.

I am in negative equity in my house but I am desperate to sell it.

Do I have to tell GT that I have put the house up for sale or do I tell them when I accept an offer of sale? Which one?

There will be shortfall I know that for sure but I have a friend who has offered to help with the shortfall difference.

Thanks,
IVA commenced April 2009 and completion certificate issued on the 25th August 2015..

PPI still on-going

I'm there....

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:56 pm
The shortfall should be captured by the IVA anyway and you may only need to pay in enough to mainatin the dividend [if anything at all]. This would avoid start your debt free life in debt! Discuss this with GT and see what they say.

It is also important to speak to the mortgage company and get their authority to sell and they may even cover the extate agent and solicitors costs. Thjis avoids a repossession or voluntary surrender and minimises their losses.

Get the property valued at a realistic sale price, speak to the lender and advise GT. If you still want to make up the shoprtfall plus costs from third party funds this would be a lot more straightforward but potentially more expensive.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

bombshell

Post by bombshell » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:02 pm
Thanks Michael,

I spoke to my mortgage lender last week and informed them that there would be a shortfall. The house in its current state has been valued around £8,000 less on what owe on the mortgage (Interest only).

The mortgage lender told me to inform them in the first instance of any offer and they would take it from there...

I was going to wait until I have had the reply when I submit my house valuations and mortgage redemption statement soon and then I would speak to GT if I can advertise the house for sale? Not hopeful it will sell before the IVA finishes in 8 months but I guess you never know...

Thanks,
IVA commenced April 2009 and completion certificate issued on the 25th August 2015..

PPI still on-going

I'm there....
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”