Will I be able to get a mortgage a year after my IVA has completed ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

dusty

Post by dusty » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:57 pm
Will I be able to get a mortgage after my IVA is complete and at least a year has passed since completion?
My situation is:
I had a debt of £37,000
I will have paid off 100% of this by the time my IVA completes (Dec15) as my salary is high.
I expect to be applying for a mortgage about 3 years after completion of the IVA.
I expect my salary to be around £90,000 by this stage, and my wife's around £40,000
We will be saving for a deposit of at least 10%
We hope that with our high salaries and my wife's great credit record that we would have a chance of getting a mortgage.
When I was sold the idea of an IVA I was told this gave me a clear start once the IVA was complete yet it looks now like the IVA will remain an issue after it's completion, with mortgage companies asking if I have ever had one.
We would like to know if it will be possible for us to get a mortgage, what banks are best to approach, and what conditions are likely (eg higher interest rates, higher deposits etc)

We would appreciate clear guidance on this to help us plan ahead for the next few years.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:12 pm
We have two whole of market Mortgage Brokers who post regularly here, Ryan and Shaun. Both have placed mortgages for many of our members post IVA.

To contact them, click on the "Ask a Question" tab ( top left) and scroll down to the Expert's Details section.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:27 pm
As Foggy says Ryan and Shaun know the post-IVA market really well and can advise you where best to apply to.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:53 am
Give Ryan a shout next week and I am sure he will put your mind at rest and give you some useful advice to help you focus on your plan.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:40 am
Both Ryan and Shaun have helped a fair few posters after their IVA and credit file clean up so would be worth a chat at least.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”