After making an early settlement payment last January getting no sense from DFD about CC

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Andrew.kg

Post by Andrew.kg » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:41 pm
I have made an early settlement payment of 7600 that was agreed by DFD and creditors last January . I contacted DFD IN august, they told me that they were short of a form that I had sent to them some months before. I ask them when would they have let me know about it sometime never? after several attempts to get them to email this form to me, No form ever arrived. I fear the worst as they have deliberately given me the run around.
yesterday they sent me a request for a yearly income statement, as they have done every year, as if I where still liable for further payments . I phoned them and refused to do this form as my debts had been cleared . I got no sense from them as why they wanted this form or when they would send me the completion certificate. I am at my wits end and don't know what to do. I have moved to Spain with my wife, who was not in the IVA. she got cancer and we moved here so that we could afford to live on our pensions all known to DFD prior to the final payment. will I need a solicitor to get out of this mess as DFD never send a signed legal form, so I can prove nothing of there misconduct in court. Also my wife and I Now share a bank account in the Uk and in Spain Please can you help. Regards Andy Keeling

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:00 pm
It may be that DFD are looking for a deed of assignment form to allow the to IVA close down but they could still pursue any financial irregularity claims. The I&E request is probably just a mistake as you did an early settlement so the computer thinks you are still live.

Send Evette from DFD an email and her details are in the ask an expert section. Hopefully it is something simple and can be resolved easily.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:43 pm
Dear Andrew.kg,

Please contact me via the email address in my profile so I can take a look into your case and address your concerns.

Speak soon.

Thanks,
Evette Everest
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:52 pm
This is the email address you need DFDForumSupport@fairpoint.co.uk
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”