Hi Team, wondering what usually happens at the end of the IVA. NOW 3+ years into IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Steve.x

Post by Steve.x » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:55 pm
HiTeam,

I am 3 1/2 years into my IVA, everything seems to running smoothly. I haven't had any contact with my IP except the anual report. I was just wondering what usually happens at the end of the IVA e.g. do I have to attend any meetings, provide any paperwork etc?

Thanks in anticipation.

Steve

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:03 pm
House valuation in month 54 is the norm, if you have equity above 85% LTV you usually have to try and release the money or if that's not possible extend by another 12 months. Then PPI claims need to be investigated, after all that you should be done!!
IVA Accepted - Sep 2009
F&F Accepted - Oct 2014
CC Received - Jul 2015

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:12 pm
If you have an equity release clause then you need to be proactive in gaining and submitting the valuations ..don't wait to be asked for them ..be proactive.
Once all payments have been made confirm direct debit can be cancelled ....I would seek this in writing.
Tgen its a matter of waiting for completion certificate and your credit records to be cleaned up ...normally 6 years from default date or from start of iva
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”