Hi, just wondered if someone could advise me about discrepancy in start date ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Caroline.77

Post by Caroline.77 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:17 am
Hi, just wondered if someone could advise me? We are just entering our last 4 months of our IVA. I rang FJ the other day and they confirmed our last months payment should be end of January as that's when our term ends (all being well?!) I spoke to someone in their payments department and they have confirmed that our first payment was actually taken in January 2009 so therefore my husband and I worked out that our 60 months should actually end in December this year equating to 60 months payments. After raising this query with one of their relationship managers she came back to us stating that this payment wouldn't be included in the term? Has anyone else had this experience before, or does someone know if this sounds normal? Any advice would be truly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Penny.03

Post by Penny.03 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:26 am
My first payment was November 23rd 2007 and my last payment was October 23rd 2013 so you are quite right your first payment counts just the same as any other payments as London as you have made 60 that's it. Get back onto them

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:29 am
You need to check that the first payment made was for the IVA and not a set up fee for example.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Caroline.77

Post by Caroline.77 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:29 am
Sorry, was meant to say 2010 not 2009!! They have said they have been to the IP and he's said that that payment does not count!! Really would like to know where the payment has gone!!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:32 am
Contact Sarah Jolly or Steven Hewitt as they both work for FJ. Their details are in the ask an expert section and hopefully they can explain.
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:23 am
Hi

I think at the time you started your IVA there may have been set up costs charged by FJ, this could be the first or first two monthly payments and will not count towards your IVA

Regards
Andam Davies

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:28 am
Strange that this wasnt made clear at the start. Most likely set up fees but it shouldnt be hard to find out for sure. Does your paperwork reflect the payments made?

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Caroline.77

Post by Caroline.77 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:05 pm
Hello, our first year review doesn't seem to reflect that payment. It just shows 12 payments made in the first year, not 13. Does anyone know how I could contact Sarah Jolly at Freeman Jones? I have written in the experts forum with no response and tried her email address but it's coming up as an invalid address?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:07 pm
ContactUs@FreemanJones.co.uk. This is an address that Sarah has posted before so hopefully this will help.
Last edited by Michael Peoples on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:59 am
Hi Caroline.77

You're welcome to drop me an email with your reference so we can confirm your final payment date for you.

If you can email me using the address that Michael has posted above we'll get in touch with you.

I hope this helps

Sarah
Sarah Jolly IMA CMAP - A member of the IVA team at Freeman Jones
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”