I am so angry

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

dancer

Post by dancer » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:25 pm
Once again Payplan have excelled themselves.
Having submitted fuel receipts for September as proof of increased costs I have now been told that I have to submit another months' worth as my 'caseworker' did not know that 'Derv' (shown on 1 receipt) was diesel & so it was not included in my new income allowance - does this seem unfair to anyone else?
I suspect that knowing I have to earn extra to cover the fuel costs they are hoping to capture my additional earnings as an uplift payment [:(!]
I only have 4 payments left & they seem to be trying to make things as difficult as possible.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:42 pm
Hi

Strange error on their part

Stick with it as you are so close to the end

Regards
Andam Davies

dancer

Post by dancer » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:11 pm
The problem I have is that they have authorised me to earn & keep overtime to cover the extra fuel costs but have only allowed an increase of £75pcm even though the actual increase is £145 (as proven by the receipts) - so I am earning £145 to pay for the fuel but my income allowance has only gone up by £75 .'. on paper I have extra disposable income which they will try to claim in uplift even though it has already been spent on fuel!!!!!

country girl

Post by country girl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:18 pm
If you have shown them the receipts I does seem very unfair that they will not accept the increase. I agree they do appear to being difficult, which does not surprise me.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:07 am
Demand to speak to the IP and not the caseworker. You have the proof and have provided it so what more can they want!
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

dancer

Post by dancer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:06 pm
Unfortunately any requests to speak with the IP fall on deaf ears ..... "He is very busy you know & couldn't possibly speak to all clients personally" was the last reply I got.
I do feel that this time I am being penalised due to one person's 'ignorance' & refusal to admit they made a mistake with the original calculation.

Paul_d

Post by Paul_d » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:41 pm
Their income allowance sheet can be updated whenever they like, why would you have to wait another month to submit the same thing.

You need the attention of your caseworkers supervisor.

dancer

Post by dancer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:53 pm
It's not the I & E Paul_d, they want us to submit another months' fuel receipts because the caseworker didn't know that 'derv' on 1 of my receipts meant diesel so she didn't include it when submitting my case for an increase in fuel allowance - instead of admitting her mistake & asking my IP to now include the receipt she says I have to submit receipts for another month!
By the time I have done this & she has come up with more reasons why they can't be accepted my IVA will be over!

dancer

Post by dancer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:15 pm
I have re-read the latest email in which the caseworker states that after discussing with the IP more receipts are required - would the IP really have been involved in this decision (he is too busy to speak to me so would he have time to be concerned with petrol receipts?) or is the caseworker trying cover her own mistake?
Last edited by dancer on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:38 am
Payplan are funded by the banks and get regular referrals from advice agencies. They could at least have an IP who talks to their clients! Make a formal complaint unless you can speak to the IP.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Paul_d

Post by Paul_d » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:25 am
I had issues with payplan and reciepts.

A conversation with my IP was also refused.

I even turned to citizens advice but as soon as they found out i was with payplan they said they cannot offer any advice as your with this company.

With no where else to turn i googled my IP's name and found they had their own insolvency website with an email and phone number next to each name.

A quick email to both of them and although neither replyed back to me personally, it appeared they had forwarded my email to a senior manager.

Less than 24 hours later my issue was resolved.

dancer

Post by dancer » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:35 am
Thanks Paul, I have now emailed confirming that I will be making a formal complaint if this is not resolved next week - I have also found an email address on google for the IP so will contact him via this on Monday morning!
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”