I have claimed PPI on a secured loan, not part of my IVA , but it is being sent to IVA company.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Neilhead

Post by Neilhead » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:55 pm
My iva completed and I have relieved the certificate however I have now claimed ppi from first plus and they have stated that the cheque will still be sent to the insolvency company. Even though I only accepted the settlement offer on the condition the money goes either to me or off of the loan. (The ppi was not part of the I've as it was on a secured loan)
Is this legal, ethical or even allowed?
Please help me with your wise advice?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:14 am
The PPI would have been an asset of the IVA but you could consider legal advice to try and recover it. Had FirstPlus offset against the secured loan this may have made things a lot easier as your secured borrowings would have reduced and the money would not be sent to the IP.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Neilhead

Post by Neilhead » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:52 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Michael Peoples

The PPI would have been an asset of the IVA but you could consider legal advice to try and recover it. Had FirstPlus offset against the secured loan this may have made things a lot easier as your secured borrowings would have reduced and the money would not be sent to the IP.
Thats what i had requested and what about the extra payments made since the completion of the IVA? surely they are not able to be counted?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:02 pm
You need to speak to your former IP and see what they say. You could obtain independent legal advice and try to recover the money this way.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”