Company hassling me for debt included in IVA which was completed 3 years ago.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Becky.55

Post by Becky.55 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:22 pm
Hi I have completed my Iva 3 years ago one of my debts that was included in this Iva has been sold on and they are chasing me for the money, this company did not vote in my Iva and have told the debt collectors my Iva failed, I have sent them a copy of the closure documents as they asked but they say this is not good enough and they need more proof. I rang debt free direct who were dealing with my Iva and they say they can do nothing else as the Iva is closed. I am a little confused as I am pretty sure the debt is not owed but want to stop this company hassling me, do I just tell them to take me to court ? Or is there something I can tell them . Hope you can help thanks becky.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:40 pm
Send a copy of the original IVA, chairman's report and the final certificate. You could also complain to the original lender who sold they debt and threaten them with a complaint.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:05 pm
Hi

I have to say that hearing stories like this are very concerning and potentially damaging to the individual's involved. How can the IVA company wash their hands of you like this? You have paid your dues complied and completed your IVA and then your past comes back to haunt you and cause serious problems. The law should protect us ex iva'ers from this surely, afterall the IVA is legally binding.
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:16 pm
As much as the process sounds daunting, I would write to the company, attach a photocopy of your CC and stipulate that under Law that is all the proof you need to supply. Tell them that if they pursue the, now closed debt, by means of court action or credit scoring defaults then you will counter claim for damages to the tune of the full debt and substantial monetary recourse due to stress and defamation.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

mumsy17

Post by mumsy17 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:46 am
I'm pretty sure this debt would count as statute barred as it's over 6 years old, Moneysavingexpert has some great example letters you could use to send them.
Last edited by mumsy17 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
IVA CC received 6th Sept 2012
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”