I have no idea what to do as Kingsgate keep giving me different figures of how much I owe.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

mkleigh

Post by mkleigh » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:47 pm
Hi,

I have 6 months left of my IVA but Kingsgate keep giving me different figures of how much I owe and what my monthly payments should be. Each person I speak to gives me a different amount and then I get a letter saying another amount.

I have asked to pay back my IVA early as someone has offered to pay it off for me, 2 months later they said they never received all the forms even though I sent them by email and have read receipts. They then tell me I owe £3000 more than I worked out and then they said I was correct.

I have no idea what to do as I have no faith in them and i am worried than after my final payment they will say I still owe them more.

I want to get it paid off but this is proving so hard to do. I am already paying them more than I owe. I have always told them when I got paid extra and when I got a pay rise, its actually their fault the amounts have not been updated.

What can I do?

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:33 pm
Hi

Offer an amount equal to the remaining payments, this should be acceptable as long as you have no equity in your property

Regards
Andam Davies

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:39 am
Not sure with only 6 months left to go it will be worth it personally ... in my opinion it will be touch n go if it were concluded before the end of the outstanding 6 months.
Your credit rating wont change in offering a f&f and will remain as is until closure and 6th anniversary of start date ...
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

mkleigh

Post by mkleigh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:22 am
My main reason for wanting to pay off my IVA early is that I do not trust them. I feel at the end of my IVA they are going to say I still need to pay more in.

I have zero equity in my flat due to a secure loan.

I was told on Friday that I am not actually paying enough into my IVA despite a review being carried out in September that said I was paying enough in, as rather than work on me making an early payment they worked on a review. They worked on the review from statments they said they never received in another letter, work that one out.

I am not worried about my credit rating etc I just do not want to deal with them anymore as I am really worried that they do not have a clue what they are doing.

We have made them an offer so I am hoping to hear today that they will finally arrange a meeting with me creditors, they told me in the past this can take 28 days.

mkleigh

Post by mkleigh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:16 am
Yet another twist.

I called them about a pay rise in June and they did not update my income form so I have been paying to little into my IVA and they are now expecting me to pay extra into it to cover the shortfall. Its their error and I cannot afford the new payments they have asked for.

With 6 months left to go they seem set on making my IVA fail.

I would never have known all this had I not requested to pay them back early.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”