I have had no formal confirmation that I will have to pay for a further 12 months in lieu of equity.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Nickdd76

Post by Nickdd76 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:04 am
Hi all
I've dipped into this forum a few times over the last 5 years & found it to be very informative, however I feel lost at present & hope someone may be able to at least answer my question?
In September I made my 60 month payment. There have been no negative issues with my IVA. I attempted to release equity from my property as per my arrangement but as in most cases I could not find anyone to re-finance my mortgage. My IVA company did not provide me with a course of action until I pursued one. Eventually I was told during a phone conversation that I would have to pay a further 12 months at the rate I have paid for the last year. I have had no formal confirmation of this via letter/email etc & I'm concerned that without this I may have to go beyond the 12 month extension. I find my IVA provider to be less than forthcoming with any information & this is causing great concern.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:20 am
Glad things have gone smoothly durung the 5 years. I would urgently seek a discussion with your IP to provide clarity and request a letter to confirm the outcome. If you have only a few months left, have all the ppi claims been resolved or are these outstanding ..if so it nay hold up the closure and delay the certificate and clearance from credit file etc.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”