My IVA finished a year ago. Now setting up as self employed and need a bank account.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Andy.30

Post by Andy.30 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:07 am
Hiya, I was in a IVA up untill a year ago yet managed to gain funds to pay off and now the IVA is satisfied.
I have just left my full time employment and am setting up on my own. Problem I have is I need a account at plumb,pipe centre plus possible a small amount of credit to get a van.
Banks won't even touch me yet as I fail credit check so am still with think money.

Any help?

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:14 am
Hi and welcome. You are able to get a high street basic account no problem, I doubt you'll get any credit with any high street bank but if it's a basic account you should be able and be with a cash card too. For credit banks won't touch you until your IVA no longer shows and your credit files are all clear, 6 years from date of acceptance. Are there any grants or similar in your area able to help setting up of the self-employed. Failing that a family member?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

UpToMyNeckInIt

Post by UpToMyNeckInIt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:03 am
Satisfied or not, getting any sort of credit will be a problem for 6 years from the start of your iva, and getting back accounts in the same period will also be tricky.

Cash Plus and Card One Banking offer business back accounts to iva customers if you are having no luck on the High Street.
My opinions are just that: Based on my experience and being a self-employed IVA customer.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”