After final payment to my IVA with ClearDebt told it could take 2 years to get Completion cert.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Yvette.w

Post by Yvette.w » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:00 pm
I made a final payment to my IVA with ClearDebt in February this year. Along with what appears many others, the completion certificate is in the wings whilst PPI claims are investigated with DRSP. I contact the latter pretty much every week however the answer is always the same. " waiting for responses from creditors" I was informed today by ClearDebt that it could take up,to two years before I get a completion certificate. My question is , why is there no cut off point for creditors to respond ? If there is then it's far too long because while they appear to be ingnoring requests for information on accounts the lives of others is being heavily impacted upon. Is six years not enough? In my naivity I believed the law said it was.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:13 pm
Hello Yvette and welcome.

There are limits within which creditors are expected to respond to PPI enquiries. However, it appears that there are several stumbling blocks here: One would seem that the claims companies are under resourced and it can take many months for an enquiry to be actually lodged with the creditors. They also appear to have a propensity for losing paperwork! At the other end of the process, if a claim is rejected by the creditor the claims company will refer it to the Financial Ombudsman for a ruling. The F.O has a backlog of upwards of 18 months to investigate refuted claims!

All of this is, I am afraid, not much help to those caught in the trap and the Insolvency Service should really get their act together and come up with an enforceable policy.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”