ppi help again

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:22 pm
Wondered if anyone can help. We are with Payplan and for the last 2-3 years have been working with EIF in regards to PPI of which we do not have. We have been advised by them today that they have found a further 6 accounts linked to an old bank account. I have contacted RBS re these accounts as didn't know what they were and it looks like some of these accounts are which my husband may have had with a previous partner in the excess of 20+ ago. How do we stand with this? Do they contact them? I am really not happy about this or the service they are providing. I wouldn't mind if there was any PPI in the first place !!How niave was I thinking they just looked at accounts in regard to the iva.
Steven & Debbie

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:34 pm
Hi Struzzo ---- it seems that they are going back as far as they are able ( where they get the info from I know not)and will attempt to involve any account, in the IVA or not.

The impression I get is that the driving force here is the claims company themselves trying to increase their fee --- the PPI gravy train will be running out soon and they are grabbing all they can.

The IP's have neither the time nor recourse to hold the leash and rein them in.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:05 pm
Would they have to contact her ?? I feel this is out of order.
Steven & Debbie

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:38 pm
If they can trace her, I guess they will, as in joint loans only half of the refund id due to the IVA, the other half belongs to the solvent account holder. But it will depend upon how much time and effort they want to expend on that part of the process --- having gained their fee already, I would guess at not much.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”