I'm setting up an iva at the moment. Should I ignore persistent creditor calls ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Daniel.75

Post by Daniel.75 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:58 pm
im setting up an iva at the moment with hanover insolvency ive signed all the relevant paperwork just waiting on the date now im getting lots nof txts emails and phone calls what should i do ignore them? and wait for them to receive the proposal? or should i tell them about the iva

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:06 pm
If you feel up to it answer the calls and just tell them you are proposing an IVA and give them your IP's details. Don't get into any conversation -- they are just after a payment. Many will put a hold on your account, so you will get fewer calls by answering them.

DO NOT get pressured into making any form of token payment.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:34 am
Hi and welcome. I personally took the calls as it bought me time before the next one even if they were a week apart. It's pureply up to you and will have no bearing on the outcome of your meeting.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”