Is a creditor allowed to repay themselves after I have received my completion certificate ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

lagoon

Post by lagoon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:06 am
My IVA was satisfied in feb 2014 when my F&F was accepted. I have my completion certificate. Imagine my surprise to receive a default notice from barclays tonight. To clarify, after I spoke to them, they sated (althoght is doesnt say it on the default notice they sent) that the date will be the same as on the orginal default notice in 2010 , It transpries they now realise they overcharged me intgerest back in 2010 and despite having accepted a full and final in feb as my IVA they have repaid the �450 they overcharged into my old account that I held with them ( funny it was barclays over charging interest that got me into an IVA in the first place)

are they allowed to replay themselves after the event? What acout the other creditors who would have missed out on this ? Barclays man that I spoke to was very unhelpful...
jb

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:01 pm
HI and welcome to the forum. I would take this back to your IP and let them deal with it, unsure if they can offset as I know this does happen but don't know the rules.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”