Will my completed IVA affect my job application ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Venkata

Post by Venkata » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:27 am
Got my IVA on 9th Nov 2009, completed/settled by Jan 2012. Applying for a job with Nat-West bank.
The application has a question about the IVA, Bankruptcy.
Will the completed IVA affect my application.
Please help me on it.

winter_blues

Post by winter_blues » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:33 am
Yes, in a nutshell. Your IVA will remain on your credit file for 6years from the original date irrespective of any early settlement.

All you can do is be honest, the fact that you have completed successfully and no longer in an IVA will hopefully not be a bar against the application. It may be worth speaking to someone direct in their HR to explain things.

Don't be tempted to withhold as that will definitely go against you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Last edited by winter_blues on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winter-Blues

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:49 am
They will find out about it at this stage, without being told, so trying to hide it will highlight dishonesty. Be upfront and the honesty can only be to your favour. How they view the IVA itself is down to their own policies, but do not drop out of the race yourself by trying to hide it.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Venkata

Post by Venkata » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:50 am
Thanks for the reply guys...hope things work...

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:19 pm
We have had IVAs approved for bank workers who owe their employers so hopefully your IVA will not be held against you. At least if you disclose it you never have to worry in the future about being found out.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

JJSIDE

Post by JJSIDE » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:08 am
I completed my IVA in 2009 and I recently applied for a job with a major bank. I was asked and disclosed that I had been in an IVA previously. They asked for some further information about the amount and the circumstances of the IVA, which I provided and then they said all was ok and I started the job. Honesty is the best policy here, and although it depends on the job role, having an IVA in the past does not mean you will be automatically turned down.
If nothing changes, nothing changes!

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:30 am
Very reassuring to others too I would imagine.

Good luck with your application.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”