Partner & ex signed contracts to dissolve IVA 11 months ago. Now have problems selling house

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Clinton.26

Post by Clinton.26 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:56 am
Hi I have problem with an iva company that I need help with. About 11 months ago my partner and her ex signed contracts to disolve their iva as they were separating. He recently asked her to sell the house so that they can sought out a divorce. So we went to our local estate agents and got the house on the market and it went quite fast. We are now in the final stages of completion and the lawyers just rang to say that debt free direct have put a hold on the property. But not knowing whether she was still in the iva we asked by fairness for moving costs and deposits as well as some white goods and furniture costs to come our way instead of all getting swolled up by debt free direct as these goods are needed. They iva company wrote back that they will only cover the costs of the deposits and moving costs and none of the white goods??? As her account is in arrears and the creditors have to approve this in a meeting which could take 6 weeks? My questions now is A. First of all my partner should not be in an iva as she applied for the iva to fail 10 months ago already so why has debt free direct held the property on their protection list and B. If it is the case by some small error that someone in the office didn't do their job properly to disolve this iva surely they should grant us some money for white goods as well which are essentials? Please can someone help this is putting a lot of stain on us and my partners kids. Thank you

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:05 am
What paperwork was received by your partner when she let it fail? What has happened since with the creditors?

If they will not allow you money for white goods, see if your local furniture bank can help. I imagine it's creditors decision to allow whatever as equity will technically belong to them.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”