For a Full & Final offer, would you offer an amount equivalent to the initial 60 months ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

AdB19

Post by AdB19 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:36 pm
My mother is prepared to offer a cash lump to conclude my iva. In the full and final offer, would you offer an amount equivalent to the inital 60 months or would offer an amount equivalent to 72 months. I have only been in the IVA for less than 6 months and it is causing me insomnia .

winter_blues

Post by winter_blues » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:44 pm
Hi, this will depend on whether you have equity in your property to release. Creditors will look for 100% dividend payments over the term.
Winter-Blues

Steve Rees

Post by Steve Rees » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:52 pm
Whetever lump sum is available it is worth speaking to your IP on this.

In the end an IVA is simply a negotiation and whilst creditors are looking to recover as much as possible, they are also keen to resolve debts so a lump sum can be appealing.

Even if the amount your mother was able to offer was not equal to the initial offer, it would still be worth checking with your IP, especially if your health is suffering.
Steve Rees - A spokesperson for IVA.co.uk and Director at Vincent Bond & Co.

Want to share your story? Highlighting the issues facing people in debt is often a story that the media want to hear about. iva.co.uk will pay up to £500 for a successful case study - if you are interested please email steve.rees@iva.co.uk for more details.

You can visit my blog at http://blog.vincentbond.com/

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:52 pm
When making your offer ensure it is clearly noted that this money is only available for the purpose of a full and final to end your iva.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”