Can we withhold our PPI as it is needed due to failing health ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Sandra.60

Post by Sandra.60 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:51 pm
55 payments into IVA. To be accepted we had to include PIP but have now both become state pensioners our disposable income has risen can we in our next Income and Expenditure withhold our PIP as Pensions adds £350 a month to income. I have DLA Motorbility but my husband is my driver due to his failing health I now need at times to get taxis and we need help around house and garden so PIP is needed. The IVA has been extended by 12 months as we have equity in house but cannot get further mortgage. Thanks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:45 pm
PIP is normally offset against income as allowances to cater for the disability (although some firms do not do this). You cannot withold it-- but can negotiate with your IP to include the relevant expenses to offset it.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:50 pm
Sandra - it's a shame it had to be included from the beginning as this benefit is intended to ease the financial burden of being disabled / sick.

If I were you I would ask your IP if a variation meeting could be held to consider payments to date be sufficient to close your IVA early.

If you explain about the ill health and list the additional expenses you are now incurring you may find creditors accept this.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”