F and F completion times

7 posts Page 1 of 1

cookiemaker

Post by cookiemaker » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:18 pm
Hoping someone can advise please.We made a F+F offer to DFD 2 years into our IVA that was accepted in July,PPI payments completed in august.Since then we have been struggling with how much they fob you off on how long it will take to get a completion certificate. More than 12 weeks after final payment and they have not released a penny to creditors and we are still being told it will take another 6-8 Months to complete. Is there anything we can do? We're phoning them alot which seems to make no difference,just debating formal complaint route[:(]

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:36 pm
I suggest you contact Yvette whose details are in the ask an expert section. She has helped many DFD clients and hopefully can help you too.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

owenb

Post by owenb » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:07 pm
From offering my F&F to receiving my completion certificate took 12 months with Grant Thornton, they're still dealing with PPI though so it's still rumbling on in the background, I'm just not involved (waiting hopefully for the Statutory Interest repayment though)

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:46 am
From final F&F payment clearing Completion certificate received 2 weeks later, that was with Freeman Jones.

Rockman

Post by Rockman » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:57 am
took best part of 8 months to receive completion cert from DFD - many excuses despite signing docs re PPI.It occurred to me that they didn't want me to leave.

toptrumps

Post by toptrumps » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:48 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by owenb

From offering my F&F to receiving my completion certificate took 12 months with Grant Thornton, they're still dealing with PPI though so it's still rumbling on in the background, I'm just not involved (waiting hopefully for the Statutory Interest repayment though)
Did you offer less than what you owed them? I'm with GT and I'm thinking of paying off early.

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:45 pm
Hi Toptrumps

We offered 3k less than original figure they would receive but we had age on our side, also the possibility of my hubby not seeing out his working life to the age of 65 because of gradually increasing illness which could have seen him finishing work early. If you F&F figure is reasonable your IP will advise you but it also depends on the firm you are with. Remember the IVA is yours not your IP's and they have an obligation to you to put forward a reasonable offer. Good luck
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”