Payplan IP changes figures to suit guidelines. What allowances am I able to claim ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Carldp86

Post by Carldp86 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:43 pm
I'm in an IVA with Payplan with my review being discussed what are living allowance guidelines I am able to claim? We have submitted our annual budget but our IP changes the figures to suit and doesn't tell us only stating that she has guidelines.

Paul_d

Post by Paul_d » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:40 am
Are they increasing your payments or just adjusting your income and expenditure to suit their guidelines ?

I've had caseworkers with payplan who have openly told me what their guidelines are, but no doubt they are not all singing from the same sheet.

Keep receipts of the disputed allowance to demonstrate your spending above their guidelines.

Remember these are individual agreements and no IVA will be the same, we can't all be capped to the same allowance figures.
Last edited by Paul_d on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:18 am
Hi

It is not unusual to adjust expenditure figures to within guideline figures, you should however be made aware of these. Expenses can be made outside of guidelines but may need valid reasons for creditors to agree to

Regards
Andam Davies

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 pm
Payplan are funded by the creditors so while they may stay within guidelines for some things are they actually giving you things you are entitled to but not claimed? Check the guidelines.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

dancer

Post by dancer » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:26 pm
The Payplan I&E form is very basic but after reading about additional expenditure that other firms allow I added the extra categories to my last review form, eg, school trips, newspapers, pet insurance etc - all costs that we had previously had to meet from other 'budgets'.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:58 pm
we got a quote from PP when first looking at iva option and didnt get informed of any allowances only completed I&E using our direct debits/bills. Payment plan was only £50 less what we were paying creditors. Thankfully found forum and realised what we were allowed. Ditched payplan because of this. Felt we would have failed before began. Hope you get allowances for everything youre entitled too.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”