Presumed IVA was finished when it was paid off 2 years ago. Now asked for expenditure details.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Jeand5027

Post by Jeand5027 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:41 pm
paid off my iva 2 yrs ago so presumed everything was finished and completed.then a year ago got a letter from dfd stating the iva was now completed and should receive final court certificate soon, still waiting for them. received a letter today ssking for my total monthly expenditure,so they can finish the iva.as far as im concerned it was completed a year ago. its over and done with my husband say I have not to send what then need as they could have completed much sooner.very disappointed with dfd

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:04 pm
If you do not comply they could fail the IVA - which would be criminal at this stage. Until you get the completion certificate you are still in the IVA.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

leeco231

Post by leeco231 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:04 pm
I had a phone call this dfd tonight asking the same thing requesting my last three bank statements. I said I wanted it in writing saying that I would get my certificate within 14 days after this the lady said couldn't do this then put the phone down on me. Something very strange asking me for this Info as the same thing I was meant to this completed last year!!!

leeco231

Post by leeco231 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:12 pm
Sorry for my wording in the previous message doing this on my mobile. I meant to say I finished my iva two years ago and was promised the certificate within a year done the ppi etc. Promised the certificate last year and the June just gone still nothing and then the phone today. Why do they want this information they haven't requested this info over the past two years?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:19 pm
Technically, as the certificate hasn't been issued they are still obliged, under the agreed terms, to conduct annual reviews as the IVA is still active.

I had a "review" during my closure process and my IP took a sensible route and the "review" was basically a repeat of the last one during the time I was making payments.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”