Still no completion!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Nichola.70

Post by Nichola.70 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:56 pm
Quick update- Just as I thought I was getting somewhere with DFD we now have further problems! Mums Cheque book with stub is not suitable evidence now I'm told, so had to supply 6mths bank statements to prove I didn't have the cheque! Three months after cheque was sent my brother in law lent me some cash to replace my car which was written off in an accident, (different ammount, and cash deposit). DFD are now saying IVA may have too fail because of this deposit????? Creditors will not find that deposit acceptable even though it was a different time, ammount and cash backed up with evidence that my car was written off!! I give up!!! Totaly useless!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:21 pm
Your brother in law gifted the monies for the car -- it is no concern of DFD or your creditors.

See if the bank can send you a copy of the processed cheque -- it will have all the relevant information stamped on it.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:24 pm
If you still get nowhere consider making a complaint to their regulators --- I feel that someone at DFD is being a complete (expletive deleted) over this.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:06 pm
I can only agree with Foggy entirely in respect of your contact in DFD - ask for a copy of the cheque it might cost you a few pounds but will be worth it in the end. You really don't need this.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Nichola.70

Post by Nichola.70 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:07 pm
Thanks foggy & lesley. I thought it was me but that's exactley what I thought. It is absolutley nothing to do with iva. I can't request anything from mums bank now as I'm not power of attorney and mums husband has control over that sort of thing. I would assume her bank account is closed so not sure if I could get a copy of the cheque itself? Is that where the cheque would be? I know it probably sounds mad but this is 8yrs old now so I'm just going to ask dfd to fail it on monday cus I just can't stand it any longer!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”