Wording a letter in the correct way for a full and final offer ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Louise.63

Post by Louise.63 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:50 am
Hi, thankyou for the replies I have had so far with the questions I have asked.
I have a family member who would like to try and make a full and final settlement to end our iva early. We have 13 months left at around £200 pm. My Dad wants to make an offer of 2k- 3k to end the iva early as he is concerned about the way we are struggling to live and concerned for his grandchildren and how it is effecting them. how does he word this letter in the correct way? Many thanks.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:52 am
What a lovely dad you have .... the letter needs to be very clear in that he is willing to offer £x for the early completion of your iva. He also needs to make it clear if offer not accepted the money will not be available to you.
The letter should also include a sentence around the concern the iva is having on the family life and impact it is having on his grandchildren as they grow up .... it doesn't need to be worded in detail ..simply from the heart !
His f&f offer should be based on months left x £200 ... plus any equity clause you may have.

Saying all that with only 13 months to go i question is it worth it .... could your dad not help out over the next 12 months with gifting your children some happiness in other ways ... maybe he could provide days out, buy them some new clothes, pay for some of the svhool trips etc.
The reason i suggest this is timescales ... it will take 4-6 weeks minimum to set up the f&f offer and by the time it is hopefully approved you will be down to single figures with regards to months left. It won't have an impact on your credit report as things will remain on file for 6yrs from start date of your iva.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:41 am
Hi. I can only echo Luluj's words. Best of luck going forward.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”