Waiting since June 2012 for overpayment to be refunded to us from GT

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Stuartd1224

Post by Stuartd1224 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:08 pm
Hi, my wife and I paid off our IVA in June 2012 and were informed about 6 months after that we had actually paid over £1000 too much. They asked us if we would still want it as it could take a while for them to reclaim it and we told them that yes, we do want it refunded to us. However we have still not received a penny of it even though we have sent numerous emails to them (Grant Thornton). They just respond that they told us it would take a while. Does anyone know roughly how long we will have to wait? Thanks in advance.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:16 pm
Hi Stuart. I am afraid this is a "how long is a piece of string" question ! GT have to reclaim the overpayment from each creditor, who may, or may not co-operate and will do so at their own pace. There is no outside pressure to bring to bear.

I assume you had a great deal written off of your debt, as well as being excused a lump of ongoing interest and it might, for peace of mind, be best to think of it as quits.

If the money arrives at some point then that will be a bonus, but there is little point worrying about it in the meantime.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

strummer65

Post by strummer65 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:16 am
Okay Foggy, many thanks for your reply, at least we know that there is an unlikely chance of receiving it now and can move on.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”