Thoughts please on NRAM's stance. They are wanting 7 years for IVA if no equity

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Jacko.z

Post by Jacko.z » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:40 pm
We're currently in the process of setting up and IVA, the MOC was held yesterday but NRAM want to hold us to 6 years with and extension to 7 years if no equity can be released during the 6th year. However, if I continue with the DMP I have in place and increase it I will have cleared the other creditors in 7 years anyway, admittedly we'll still have the unsecured section on the mortgage but i'm really annoyed that they can push for a 7th year. I would just like thoughts on what others would do in this situation please.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:06 pm
Your thinking is entirely correct and I also think it is a bit excessive but that is their policy. If you have little equity now perhaps bankruptcy would be more suitable as that would get rid of all the debts including the unsecured element of the 'Together' mortgage. Any income payments order would only be for three years rather than potentially seven years in an IVA.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”